For the eleventh consecutive year, Interfaith Food Bank, Lethbridge Food Bank and Salvation Army have committed to jointly serving a projected 1800 households this Christmas, which we are estimating will assist 2300 adults and 2000 children. We have also committed to sharing the resources and expenses associated with serving our joint clientele, and will share the task of informing community members of our joint effort.
CHRISTMAS HAMPERS – We will have 3 standard sizes of Christmas Hampers that contain the same food stock regardless of which agency they are distributed from. We pack hampers at each location, and will share stock to accommodate all needs for all clients. See wanted food items below.
TOY BUNDLES – Salvation Army will distribute all toys to families with children 17 and under. We expect to provide toys for 2000 children. Clients that require toys will be registered at the food banks, and will be provided with a pick-up slip indicating when they can pick up toys from the Salvation Army.
REGISTRATION – Registration will begin on Wednesday, November 1st and will follow the same process as our regular monthly registrations. Clients can register anytime in November at their regular location, preferably when they access their November Hamper. If not already on file with agencies, clients must be able to provide the following:
- Photo ID and Alberta Health Care Cards
- Names and birthdates/ages of adults and children in the household
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Income (including source and amount)
DISTRIBUTION – Food Hampers will be distributed through the same process used for regular monthly hampers. Clients will show their registration card at the pickup location, and will be issued the one standard Christmas Hamper, which includes food for December and additional supplies for Christmas. All Toy Bundles will be distributed at the Salvation Army on assigned pick up days.
- November 1st, 10AM Joint Christmas Media Kick-Off at Salvation Army
- November 1st Christmas Registration Begins
- December 1st – 8th Bread and Produce Only at Food Banks
- December 11th – 21st Hamper Distribution at Food Banks
- Toy Distribution at SA – December 18th – 21st
- IFB Closed December 22nd, opening again on January 2nd
- LFB OPEN December 22nd, but closed December 23rd, opening again on January 2nd
- SA Closed December 22nd, opening again on January 2nd
visit Christmashope.ca for more information