visit Christmashope.ca for more information
Joining Forces for Christmas 2018
For the Twelfth consecutive year, Lethbridge Food Bank, Interfaith Food Bank and the Salvation Army have committed to jointly serving our community this Christmas. We are very excited to announce that Lethbridge Family Services Angel Tree and My City Care Shop of Wonders have joined the Christmas Hope partnership. Our partnership is to ensure that the less-fortunate members of our community get everything they need for Christmas. Because we share clientele, our organizations are planning to work together to serve approximately 2700 adults and 4000 children this Christmas, making the most of our resources and eliminating the duplication of services.
- PARTNERSHIP – Lethbridge Food Bank, Interfaith Food Bank, Salvation Army, Angel Tree and Shop of have committed to jointly assisting 2700 adults and 4000 children. We have also committed to sharing the resources and expenses associated with serving our joint clientele and will share the task of informing community members of our joint effort.
- CHRISTMAS HAMPERS – We will have 3 standard sizes of Christmas Hampers that contain the same food stock regardless of which agency they are distributed from. We pack hampers at each location and will share stock to accommodate all needs for all clients. See wanted food items below.
- TOY BUNDLES – All toys will be distributed through Salvation Army, Angel Tree and Shop of Wonders, working from a master list to avoid duplication of services and to share the workload. We expect to provide for 4000 children, and this year, parents will choose toys for their children based on age and pricing categories (except for Angel Tree, which will distribute through referring agencies). We will work jointly to get toy donations over to the toy distribution agencies for processing. Clients will be registered with their home food bank and will receive a registration slip to take with them when they pick up toys at their assigned toy distribution agency.
- REGISTRATION – Hamper registration will begin on Wednesday, November 1st and will follow the same process as our regular monthly registrations. Clients can register anytime in November at their regular location, preferably when they access their November Hamper. If not already on file with agencies, clients must be able to provide the following:
- Photo ID and Alberta Health Care Cards
- Names and birthdates/ages of adults and children in the household
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Income (including source and amount).
- DISTRIBUTION – Food Hampers will be distributed through the same process used for regular monthly hampers. Clients will show their registration card at the pickup location, and will be issued the one standard Christmas Hamper, which includes food for December and additional supplies for Christmas. Toys will be distributed from the assigned toy distribution agencies on assigned pick up days.
- KEY DATES
- November 1st, 10AM Joint Christmas Media Kick-Off
- November 1st Christmas Registration Begins
- December 3rd – 7th Bread and Produce Only at Food Banks
- December 10th – 21st Hamper Distribution at Food Banks
- Toy Distribution according to assigned agency distribution dates
- IFB Closed after Noon on December 21st, opening again on January 2nd
- LFB OPEN December 21st, opening again on January 2nd